[thelist] CFQuery sub search...

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Thu Nov 1 14:20:53 CST 2001

.jeff,

I do have CF5 available, if I can get confirmation that there are no known
issues with PDF files and Verity in CF5 (another subject) I will go ahead
with the upgrade on my live server. I was hoping to find a solution for
this that would work in either 4.x or 5, I am developing on my 5 server,
realizing the risks I am taking. :)

>sounds like a typical "existing keywords" AND "new keywords" type search.

Is it really that simple? If so, I can keep their original keyword in a
hidden field, and then use WHERE (MyField LIKE OriginalKeyword) AND
(MyField LIKE NewKeyword)

I haven't tried that yet, I thought it was too easy...

>i don't think you'll find that these queries are going to help you.  if
>you're running cf5, you could use a query of a query.

I am working now with Verity and indexing the results of a query...

Oh - and the forums at  forums.allaire.com are an outstanding resource. I
don't think that there has ever been a case where I was not able to at
least get pointed in the right direction when I had a CF question. Check
them out sometime if you have a chance, well, after they are back online. :)

Thanks for your help!

Susan

<tip type="Link Checker">
Need a quick and dirty way to check a file or sites links? Try Xenu's Link
Sleuth
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
Very easy to use, fast, thorough reports. And best of all - it's FREE!
(Author Xenu will give you information about causes to donate to if you
find the software useful)
</tip>