[thelist] IA - Visio Tricks - Menu Templates

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Fri Nov 2 16:44:40 CST 2001

>The plans are reviewed by architect, contractor and client BEFORE building
>commences so that the paper version (prototype) can be tossed about and
>reviewed to avoid problems later on. The better your planning and
>prototyping, the better your building will turn out.
>A model might be built, but it is of a LESSER material and complexity
(foam
>board instead of wood) in order to help visualize the results, but it has
>be done in a rapid fashion so that it can be quickly torn down and remade
as
>ideas and issues are raised.
>
>I would NOT prototype in any form of final "code," whatever that may be.
>It's way too detailed and specific for the task at hand.  And you WANT to
be
>able to tear it down and start over quickly.

Anybody else find it ironic that as web design/web building starts to move
more and more towards the old "structured" paradigms, the land of software
development is moving away from those very same paradigms towards things
like XP (not the OS) and other so-called "agile processes?"

No comment intended on the quality of either approach, just wondering about
the chronology.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224