[thelist] pricing for reused elements

Phill Price phill at maxxed.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 13:20:18 CST 2001

> I'm not sure I agree with that logic. If Client A has System A, and
you
> code it custom for System A, I don't see how it would benefit Client
A at
> all if you decided to make sure it worked on System B, System C, etc,
> other than the ability to change systems.
>
> And, as you see in the case of Java, there's a tradeoff when you
> generalize your code to work in multiple systems and don't take
> advantage of the strengths (and don't avoid the weaknesses) of each
> particular system.

I think he was talking about client systems.
I personally would use my box of tricks wherever possible and therefore
would price the elements as re usable and at a smaller cost. Of course
these "new-fangled" codings may become old school and depreciate I
suppose (A-level accounting head on)

:)

Phill Price
www.maxxed.co.uk