[thelist] Problem with applet reloading

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Sun Nov 4 13:59:07 CST 2001

Yes, the font is small in Netscape but just right in I.E. 5.5 at 800x600. Have made it so the text is resizeable by the user choosing to do so in their browser.

After further testing (and a good night's sleep!), I discovered that the applet for some reason has to reload itself after I leave the Home page, then return to it. It takes about 35" to reload in Netscape 6.1 (after taking 60" to load in the first place!) and less time in NN4.7 and I.E. 5.5. Today I didn't notice any "blank" square or furtive text showing up in the applet area as it reloads itself. The "loading paintings" message showed as it should.

Is there a workaround for this lengthy reloading problem? Or, is this something one has to live with? If have to live with, I'm thinking I should try this concept using Javascript or Flash instead. Would like to avoid a plug-in situation tho on the Home page. Any recommendations for a good JS solution?

Sharon

> on Sunday, November 04, 2001, 10:54:57 AM, kristina wrote:
> ::
> >  The applet worked fine for me in IE5.5 and N4.7 (though the font is a
> >  little small in N4.7)
> ::
> As an afterthought I meant that the font on the site looked small -
> not in the applet (sorry for any confusion)
>
> Also my N4.7 has been doing bizarre things with fonts, so it may be my
> browser iycwim!
>
> ;o)
>
> --
> bfn
>  kristina
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com