[thelist] SSI in Dreamweavweaver

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 11:28:09 CST 2001

On 2001-11-04 at 06:04, webdad at tampabay.rr.com (Bob Boisvert) wrote:

> The site is www.calvarylargo.org please make any comments about the site
> also, I'm interested in correcting any problems or mistakes I may have made
> in the design.

A huge improvement on the pages since you last addressed the list; looking very
good now.

Some minor points:

Your home page doesn't link correctly from other pages, giving a '404 Object not
found' error. Looks like it is requesting index.shtml, not index.html.

I'd also consider changing some of your alt text.

For instance, the alt text for your masthead reads: "Calvary Masthead"; IMHO, it
would be better reading "God's lighthouse...<snip> ...392-4700" (So the alt-text
is exactly what the masthead actually reads, not a description of what it is.)

The 'Contact Calvary' button also spooked me; I was expecting it to go to a page
with address, telephone and email details, not open an email message in my email
program. I don't have a problem with websites doing that, but given that all the
other buttons go to pages, it was unexpected and jarring.

HTH

Andy Warwick