[thelist] JS mouseover problem

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Mon Nov 5 15:19:50 CST 2001

Heya all,

I had to implement a mouseover system to the user side of the CMS for a
travelling agency.

There is a default picture at the beginning (a totally random test image at the
moment). Now, when the visitor slides his or her mouse over a link, then the
named image should change to 'picture1.gif' for example. When the visitor
proceeds to the next link, then the default image should be replaced with
another image, named something like 'blah.gif'.
When the user slides his or her mouse off from the link, then the 'default'
image should return!

At the moment the mouseover "thingie" causes flickering and is not pretty at all
when the visitor goes from one link to another and the default image appares in
a split second between those two images.

Check out http://www.interest.ee/~vain/allin1/ for what I'm speaking about!

Any ideas, how to stop the 'default' image from returning when the visitor goes
from one link to another? The only think I've been able to think of, is a time
delay of some sort but that's not a very elegant idea, now is it? How can I
eliminate this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Lauri