[thelist] ASP (or .NET) Storefront/Cart Recco Request

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 18:56:18 CST 2001

Hi Gang:

I'm looking for a recommendation on an ASP- or .NET-based
storefront/shopping cart application.

If this were Christmas, here's what I'd wish for...

- componentized code, not one GIANT script (like Miva, et al)
- easy skinning and reorganization of UI
- intelligent/intuitive DB structure
- oh yeah... and inexpensive, so I can spend my resources on the
frontend and extending its functionality

I've taken a look at a few like iisCART, Webcortex and Comersus,
but really just am not happy yet.

Thoughts, anyone?

tia

/rg

<tip type="leased servers" author="Robert Goodyear">
Once when applying ADC container permissions on a leased server
at DellHost, I completely locked myself (Admin!) out of the
system. Thank goodness the system was partitioned with the OS on
a small section, disk images on another, and live data on yet
another... after Dell reimaged the OS for me, I was able to (a)
reinstall apps without spending all night uploading new disk
images and (b) repoint the apps to my existing --and untouched--
data. I was back up within the day.
</tip>