[thelist] Macromedia CF Enterprise setup crash

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Nov 7 09:50:50 CST 2001

Wallace, Mark wrote:

> Here's a transcript of my interaction with Macromedia tech support to date:
> http://www.bindview.com/mmsupport/

ouch.

> Questions:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a good dll dependency program?
> What I'd like to do is run the setup, watch it crash, then find the
> Installshield executable and find which DLLs it's trying to read from.
> I'd also like to be able to do some detective work on what function or
> program is trying to "GetPorts" - is it trying to read a registry key, or
> what?

i'm no expert in win32 development/debugging, but installing MSVC++ on a
home machine let me debug crashing apps really easy.. you mention this
is a production box though, so thats a tough call.

do you have any sort of firewall on the machine? have you tried shutting
down all network services(and unplug your lan connection) while
installing? that may be able to fix the getports error..

HTH

.djc.