[thelist] computer power consumption stats

Dulcie Meatheringham dulcie at heritagecommunityfdn.org
Wed Nov 7 11:08:35 CST 2001

Hi Spinhead,

We had this same question - and then called the power company.  They supply
the local libraries with power consumption kits. You plug your powerbar (or
whatever) into the meter, which plugs into the wall, and get a reading from
that.  The kit comes with all sorts of stuff to help you figure out how much
power you're using and how much it's costing.

I don't know the numbers that came up in our case, but they do consume a
considerable amount.  We leave the server/gateway up 24/7 but shutdown our
computers when not in use.

Best of luck,

Dulcie.
--
Dulcie Meatheringham, Web Projects Coordinator
dulcie at heritagecommunityfdn.org (780) 424-6512, x227