[thelist] Mailing List program

Mike mikemae75 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 17:33:17 CST 2001

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for mailing list software that
can handle around 2000+ email address and offer the option for either plain
text or HTML messages for each subscriber.

As an alternative I thought of writing one using PHP/MySQL but I'm not sure
if that will be the best way to handle it.  Are there any dangers/issues to
watch out for if I choose to roll my own with that combination?  Say the
browser crashes (for some reason) while the script is sending the messages
to the list. I assume it will stop sending where the browser crashes even if
it doesn't complete the process right?  Also, how long do you think it would
take to execute the sending of so many messages?

Any advice you can offer will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike