[thelist] mini screenshot techniques

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 8 10:59:21 CST 2001

> From: "Simon Baier" <sbaier at guinnessgroup.com>
>
> Does anybody have advise on how to convert a screenshot [Alt][PrtScrn]
> into a decent looking thumbnail ~ 200px x 200px.  No matter what I try
> it always comes out looking grainy. I've seen clean looking mini
> screenshots, so I know it's possible, just never figured out how.  Do
> I need to use different screen capture software?
>
> I'm using PhotoShop on a PC

first off, get your window to a size that is an even multiple of 200 --
this means 800x800 is best, since you're reducing every 4 pixels to
one pixel (instead of 3 to 1 at 600x600)...

get the browser window sized, and do an alt-printscreen... this
captures the current window...

open a new photoshop document (should be sized to your browser
window size) and paste...

resize the image...

play around with Unsharp Mask to regain some of the edges...

see if that does the trick...