[thelist] Semi-OT: VID 6

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Thu Nov 8 13:28:09 CST 2001

Anyone using MS Visual Interdev who can give me a hand?
Im using it on a development box and its giving me a hard time.

Ive created a virtual directory in IIS 5 (Windows 2000 Pro SP2) and pointed
it to its content and am able to browse it as expected.  When I fire up VID
and attempt to create a new project, I select the web server (my local
machine) and look for an existing web, its not listed.  If I try to 'create
a new application', it tells me that it cannot convert a virtual directory
into a subweb remotely.
In the IIS MMC snap-in it doesnt give me the option to convert anything,
just configure permissions.

I know VID requires the FPSEs installed, and they are, but I cant seem to
remember how I did this in the past when setting up VID.

Thanks.
--Salvatore

Current WinAmp Song:
Shantel - The Baby (Groove Salad 56k: A nicely chilled plate of ambient
beats