[thelist] community newspapers online

Chris Chandler chrischandler67 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 8 14:40:12 CST 2001

Hello all,

I'm consulting with the publisher of a community newspaper.
The web site is very vanilla right now, but they do a decent
job of posting the printed stories on the web site in a
timely manner and the site is well represented on Google and
other search engines.

We'd like to do more with the community aspects and
hopefully add functionality and content that will help the
web site at least pay for itself. We're looking at things
like local auctions, local business directories, discussion
boards etc.

My question for the smarties on this group is: are there any
small newspaper sites (20,000 printed papers distributed,
about 40,000 hits/month) out there that are doing
interesting things?

Thanks in advance,

--
Chris Chandler