[thelist] Automatically Printing Web Pages

gregory.john.toland at census.gov gregory.john.toland at census.gov
Fri Nov 9 09:29:56 CST 2001

Last week, I asked if anyone knew of software (or thru scripting) of a way
to print web pages in batch.  It was suggested I look at Acrobat 5.  This
comes close to what we want, but I wanted to see if anyone has any other
ideas.  Acrobat 5.0 does not allow you to select files in a directory.  You
either pick one file or you pick the entire directory.  We would like the
ability to supply wildcards (say ABC*.htm).  It also appends one file after
the other in one very large PDF.  This forces files to carry over and print
in the middle of the page.  I found a piece of software called SitePrint
Pro (http://www.optima-system.com/), but it only runs on the Mac.
Unfortuanely, we do not have any Macs.  Any other ideas?  Our task is to
print over 3,200 html files w/o having to click 3,2000 times.  I would like
to print selected files from a directory in a batch run.  Any ideas?

Gregory J Toland
Sr. Systems Architect
CHM, Inc.
(301) 457-8058