[thelist] Horizontal element alignment with CSS1

Paul Peterson paul at thereformist.com
Fri Nov 9 12:20:11 CST 2001

Can anybody enlighten me on how to effectively replace 'align=center' (in
DIVs, H1s, TDs, etc.) with a CSS1 control? I've scoured all the references I
have but could only find a 'text-align' property, which only seems to apply
to text within an element rather than the element itself. This is confusing
me, because there is a 'vertical-align' property which DOES affect entire
elements.

Am I mistaken, or am I still stuck with a deprecated attribute to achieve
what I want?

Paul (trying to be "Mr. Standards-Compliant") Peterson