[thelist] SMTP/CDONTS trouble

Michael Juarez mjuarez at telseon.com
Fri Nov 9 16:14:57 CST 2001

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me with my SMTP/CDONTS trouble. Here's the
problem:

I have a new Win2K server, with virtual SMTP server installed, standard
stuff. Although my CDONTS script processes requests, the SMTP server
seems unable to relay messages. Instead, messages are kept in the Queue
folder of the mailroot directory. Looking in the Badmail directory, I
find the following error:

Unable to deliver this message because the follow error was encountered:
"Error is processing file in pickup directory.".

The specific error code was 0xC00402CE

I assume there are some configuration problems with respect to the
virtual SMTP server, and not a CDONTS script problem. I should note that
the CDONTS script works fine on my development server, which runs the
same OS as the one giving me trouble.

Any ideas?

MJ