[thelist] links --> new windows on demand

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Nov 10 22:40:17 CST 2001

> I'd be interested to have a program that would force a new window to
> open (ideally % smaller) from a _normal_ link, on demand.  [I like to
> run off and read 3rd party info. but hate leaving a website (parent
> window) before I am completely finished using it

tyme, there's a page at bookmarklets.com that describes multi-window
surfing

   http://bookmarklets.com/about/topics/multiwin.html

and there are bookmarklets to:

            Target Links to New
            Target Links to Special
            Target Links to Top
            Target Links to Self

        These allow you open all the links on a page in a new window
        without having to repeatedly select this option from your
        (right-click) menu; an aid for multi-window surfing. Specifically,
        they control the  targeting of the links by sending them to:
             New: each link opens in a different new window.
             Special: every link opens in the same (special) new window.
             Top: used in frames to force the links to open in the full
                     browser window.
             Self: restores the default behavior (links open in the full
                     browser window,  or in the same frame.)

see http://bookmarklets.com/tools/navigation/index.phtml

rudy