[thelist] SQL help - I think JOINing is required

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Sun Nov 11 21:03:41 CST 2001

Evening all, I'm looking for some help from some of you guys who
undoubtedly know way more about SQL than I do. I'm afraid I'm a bit out of
my depth here.

Here's the situation.

Four tables:
General Info - Name, etc and a unique ID,
Contact, Job, Education.

In each of the latter three, the entry is referenced by the same unique ID
stored in General Info. So, for any given record, GenInfo.ID = Contact.ID =
Job.ID = Education.ID

In a nutshell, I'm trying to select everything from each table for an
entry, based on the Name. I've got as far as SELECT TableName.ColumnName
(for each item) FROM List of tables. Not sure how the WHERE clause should
be constructed.

If it matters, it's an ASP and MS Access system.

Many thanks.
-marc