[thelist] Need php sendmail help

Cameron McCormick lordcutter at telocity.com
Mon Nov 12 22:36:40 CST 2001

Hello,
a simple task has been given to me to email when someone fills out an online
feedback form, this email should be invisible, simply showing a thank you
page.

I tried to use php's mail command after setting up the php.ini and
restarting the server, and never got any email.

so then I tried exec'ing sendmail from the shell, while this worked great on
the shell it wont send from php.

I then thought it might be a security issue, so I installed sudo and set
that up - or alteast tried to after a long period of strange instructions
and inconsistant results I gave up on that.

what can I do?

Cameron