[thelist] spam.. was: blah.. CONFIDENTIAL

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 13 10:40:02 CST 2001

Hey Tony -

They just subscribe like everyone else actually.. I'm sorry there have
been a couple spam emails coming through over the past week, I hate them
as much as everyone else :)

The only thing I can do is block that email or domain from posting to
thelist again, or to put a filter on the subject so it doesn't go
through( I just put one on 'urgent and' for example, hence why i changed
the subject), or make thelist moderated which would mean posts are
manually approved, which I don't think anyone wants..

Again, sorry they get through but I wanted to let you know I'm trying my
best to keep spam off thelist :)

if anyone has questions or anything, feel free to ask :)

.djc.
-evolt list supreme emperor type guy-