[thelist] ZoneAlarm alerts

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 13 16:33:14 CST 2001

How many of you running ZoneAlarm check the alerts and trace back the IPs
to see who's trying to get into your system?

I do this every couple of days, and have been finding an alarming number of
IPs from China, Taiwan, and Bangok, trying to ping, ftp, and http into my
system. I was wondering if anyone else has seen the same problem.

<tip type="Windows 2000 event viewer" author="Madhu Menon">

The damn event viewer can sometimes be downright cryptic in its error
messages. To decipher what each error code really means, visit
http://www.eventid.net and enter the code there.

It's much more useful.

</tip>

TIA,