[thelist] CGI pass var 2 XSSI / SSI syntax / embedded Perl - 3 simple questions

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Wed Nov 14 23:17:00 CST 2001

On 14 Nov 2001, at 21:47, George Dillon   Evolt! posted a message which said:

> 2.  Is there any syntactical trick which would enable me to simply add a
> character (or 4) to the DOCUMENT_URI and call that as an SSI?

I wouldn't call it a trick.

<!--#include virtual="${DOCUMENT_URI}.menu" -->
includes index.html.menu in index.html

All you probably ever need to know about SSI is at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html

deke

*Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche
-- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance,
my grandmother used to say, "The black cat is always the last one off
the fence." I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was
undoubtedly true. --
                       Solomon Short