[thelist] MS Exchange questions

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Thu Nov 15 12:05:24 CST 2001

| CDONTS can pretty much access anything Exchange does. I'm a
| rank newbie, but
| I'm reading a book ;)
|
| Outlook Web Access is built entirely using CDO so it's pretty powerful
| stuff. The Wrox book CDO programming seems pretty complete,
| but as I said,
| I'm not an authority.
|
| spinhead

I agree completely.

CDO is extremely powerful, and when you use it to access MAPI properties,
you have a full feature set -- all that Outlook can do.

CDONTS is different from CDO 1.x, or 2.0, so make sure that the client has
the right dlls installed. CDO is installed with Outlook, or you can browse
over there to MS and d/l it yourself.

CDONTS is what the NT server has for a minimal functionality to send emails.

<rory disposition="can this get anymore confusing?" alt="8&"/>