[thelist] Quote marks displaying strangely in NN4.7

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Sat Nov 17 08:49:19 CST 2001

Can't figure this out so would appreciate your help. I am using the Verdana font for the body text on a new site ... for everything except <h2>s (painting titles) and text navigation on the Gallery pages. The quote marks show up fine using the secondary font (Papyrus). The quote marks using Verdana on the Home and About pages display as they should in I.E. 5.5 and N6.1 but show up as solid square bullets in NN4.7.

I originally used &#147; and &#148; which worked fine in IE and Netscape browsers but does not validate. Switched to &quot; but that didn't display correctly so I'm now using the ANSI character for " .

Here's the URL: http://www.24caratdesign.com/Zien/index.html

Any ideas?

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com