[thelist] CF: Sessions not expiring

Frank frank at loofahcom.com
Sun Nov 18 13:46:05 CST 2001

My application sets a session.variable in order to allow access to certain
parts of  my app. What I'm finding however, is that the variable that
should expire at the end of 30 minutes fails to do so. I am using cookies,
and it's only when I physically delete the cookies that the app resets the
variables. An example usage would be this:

query: retrieve the list of sections that I may access
result: 2, 4, 6, 8

cfset session.PermittedList = "2, 4, 6, 8"

Below is the application tag that I'm using.

<cfapplication name="MyApplicationName"
    ApplicationTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
    ClientManagement="Yes"
    SetClientCookies="Yes"
    ClientStorage="Cookie"
    SessionManagement="Yes"
    SessionTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
    SetDomainCookies="No">

Until I delete the cookies, the app insists that session.PermittedList =
"2, 4, 6, 8". How can I get this to be dumped after 30 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks.