[thelist] CRC-16 inverted

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Nov 18 17:59:40 CST 2001

On Nov 18, Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz had something to say about [thelist]...

>Does anybody have a routine (any language) of a CRC-16 inverted calculus ?
>Or at least technical info about CRC-16 inverted ? How it is calculated... etc
>
>The fact is that I need to calculate de CRC-16 inverted of a string using
>Clipper (programming language text-based/DOS), however it's difficult to
>find something in Clipper, so I'm accepting it in whatever language ;)
>
>Then I can try to translate....

http://www.ibrtses.com/delphi/dcrc.html (delphi)
http://www.ibrtses.com/delphi/tcrc.html (turbo assembler)
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4342 (python)
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Mathematics/CRC.htm (delpi, but mainly crc-32)
http://www.6502.org/source/integers/crc.htm (assembler, commented well)
http://the.wiretapped.net/security/cryptography/hashes/crc/ (C)
http://www.danimalcorp.com/crc16.htm
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/richard_grier/CRC32.htm (VB)

That last one will probably be easiest for you to translate if you're
doing some sort of DOS progamming. Just a guess, though.

HTH,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com