[thelist] Email Form Without Line Breaks

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Mon Nov 19 11:51:49 CST 2001

Mike,

> Customer on Outlook gets it like that:
>
> Name: test Address: test Phone: test...

    Just curious: is the other person using Outlook XP (2002)? If so, it has
a feature that collapses line breaks when you open a text-only email. It's
actually a somewhat handy feature when you are reading reply or forwarded
messages where line breaks end up in odd places throughout a paragraph, but
it sometimes gets it wrong. If this is Outlook XP, there should be a
clickable statement at the top of the email (just below the toolbar) stating
that line breaks have been suppressed; if you click on that, it formats the
email as received. There may be a way to turn off this suppression feature
altogether, but I don't have Outlook XP at my current computer.
    If that's not it, well, forget I ever said anything... :)

James Aylard