[thelist] site check: www.magisnetworks.com/new2002

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue Nov 20 03:55:56 CST 2001

>Andrew - *sputter* >snort< ouch! My sides hurt! I'm sure glad I didn't
>put that TV there! Maybe there's a peep-hole thru the wall. Geez;
>obviously the company that did the graphics didn't have a mailing list
>they could get feedback from ;)

Doh! :)

>Don't like the green? I'd really like to get away
>from white/blue/blue everywhere, and this green and a pale orange are
>about the only changes in the official color palette.

To be honest: no, I don't like green. At least, I don't like pale-ish
green on white. Never have liked it, especially not since working at
a tertiary institute where the corporate colour was green, and their
academic staff's induction manual was entirely green type on white
stock. Argh!

If you can work other colours in, then how about the occasional block
of orange and deep blue-black, with the existing greys, blacks, and
lighter blues? Grey isn't just grey, either: there are cool and warm
greys (neutral + blue vs neutral + red). Green is something that
needs to be used carefully, I think -- since you're stuck with blue
(which is generally a cold, reflective, corporate, un-emotive colour)
the odd splash of something a bit warmer would help. I'd bank on a
red / orange / warm-grey over a green any day. :)

It's nearly 11pm, and memories of that manual have driven me to gin.

Good luck, let us know when the next updates good to go!

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg