[thelist] Email Form Without Line Breaks

muinar muinar at gmx.net
Tue Nov 20 09:27:13 CST 2001

Thanks Bob

I must admit that I didn't know before about VbCrLf and VbCrLf _
is this Outlook-specific coding?

Ususally I type \n for line breaks, or I just made another line,
like this:

adminBody="Email: $email\nPhone: $phone\nMessage: $message";

or

adminBody="
Email: $email
Phone: $phone
Message: $message";

... and then I send the whole string with the mail() command (I'm
using PHP).

This worked fine so far, but one customer claims that
after we moved to a new server, he gets the whole output
concatenated in one line!

Strange thing is, when I test it here with my Eudora everything is fine!

There is something I don't understand - a line break which works for
Eudora, and not for Outlook, how is this possible?

Any help appreciated

Mike