[thelist] javascript - insert a movable date

irina kruk irinakruk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 11:00:16 CST 2001

Hi,

I am new to javascript and will greatly appreciate
help with my task.
I need to insert a movable date into a page like so:

<<UPDATE: You arrived at this page in time to take
advantage of a special marketing test: through
midnight on (insert movable date). I've dropped the
price to just ....>>

The  target date should be 5 days from the "today's
date"...

I have been practicing dates with the script I post
below however, 1. I don't know how to adjust the one I
have. and 2.if I write the script in the head how do I
declare it in the body?  I would appreciate any help
or referral.
Also, the site sits on 'unix' and the url is:
http://www.refer-a-loan.com/training/index.html

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

//This script posts the exact day and time you arrived

RightNow = new Date();

document.write("Today's date is " +
(RightNow.getMonth()+1)+"-" + RightNow.getDate() + "-"
+ RightNow.getFullYear() + ". You entered this Web
Page at exactly: " + RightNow.getHours() + ":" +
RightNow.getMinutes() + " and " +
RightNow.getSeconds() + " seconds")

</SCRIPT>

Thank you.