[thelist] Windows 2000 server with NT workstation

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Tue Nov 20 17:47:49 CST 2001

+| The biggest problem with the LMHOSTS file is maintenance.

Yep, agreed.

I big pain, even with the three machines I have at home. 8)

You can use the import command in the lmhosts file to gain some level of
central administration, but, my recommendation was using this for
testing/holdover purposes, not a permanent fix. Thanks for pointing this
out, though, since I know how laziness can lead to decisions... Q: "Why is
all this code so redundant?" A: "I made the change a long time ago and never
came back to do it 'right'." You know how it goes? I'm sure you do. ;)

<rory disposition="can't wait until I get time to set up that samba box...
mmmm... long weekend... potatoes, linux, stuffing, MySQL, ColdFusion... what
a feast!" alt="8P"/>