[thelist] The Tao of asking questions on thelist

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 21 11:56:52 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Bennett <richard.bennett at skynet.be>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] The Tao of asking questions on thelist

> I don't know if it's just me being thin-skinned, but I'm collecting a
whole

TYME~~~~~~>  I'm gonna go with "yes" on this one.  ;-)
(I suppose the "smileys" to show tone bug you also.)

> One of them is your habit of staring your text blocks with :
> TYME}

TYME-----| Oh, good gosh. It isn't programming. Are you trying to parse
these pearls of wisdom?  That would be your first mistake. Does the default
">" bother you too?  Afterall, the ">" is a closing character.  Furthermore,
one could argue that "> my comment..." implies "Nothing greater than my
comment".  You do realize just how geeky that peeve is, don't you?  Step
outside the programming box.

> It's like rubbing a cat backwards!

TYME+++++]  Hey, you rub your pussy your way, I'll rub my pussy my way.
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

> After declaring the name, you should
> start with an opening bracket:
> TYME{
> It makes me cringe every time I see it :o)

TYME}}}}}}}}  You should thank me.  I bet all that cringing has made you
look years younger.

> Another one is peoples annoying habit of writing +1 all the time, instead
of
> a constructive comment, or using the word "like" in the wrong way, when
they
> say, "I was like, wow". Oh yes, the word SO in capitals is horrible too,
"I
> was like, this is SO not the right thing to do" , brr, gives me the
shivers!

TYME=>}] Cringing, shivering...Wow, you are like a 24/7 isometric workout.

> And of course people who recycle the same joke in their signature time
after
> time, makes you wonder how often you can repeat a joke before it becomes
> boring. I think about three times.

TYME####  I got this one:
<tip>In an effort to avoid annoying repeated signature lines, stop reading
after the author's name.</tip>

> I think I probably just need to take a break, my nerves getting the better
> of me!

TYME****)  I think that is best for all of us.  ...Lucky for you that I
don't post to this list often.  For god sake, don't join the WDVLTalk list.
It could put you over the edge.

> Richard.

TYME} That little period after your name is SO annoying.  "Richard period."
What are you trying to imply...that you have only a single-name.