[thelist] Macromedia Wants to Certify Dreamweavers

C Williams seahorse at inreach.com
Wed Nov 21 12:32:48 CST 2001

This certification questions comes up from time to time, but I think this
type of certification may help you get a cup of coffee.  Or maybe put you
ahead of an applicant who may otherwise be on equal terms with site
development skills.. It may impress a client.  It certifies that you can
pass a test.

I read over the desciption of what they test and if you use this program for
any length of time, you should be able to pass with flying colors.  For
$100? It sounds like a way for Macromedia to make some cash and promote
their products.  It will help them say "look at all these Dreamweaver
Professionals using Macromedia products".

By the way, I have been using DW since '98 and I love it - do I really need
a test? I have so many college degrees and certificates of training they
fill a binder 4 inches thick.  Has any employer ever asked to see them?
Only the public service agencies of old want proof of college credits.  Does
it keep me from taking classes?  Never.  I do it because it gives me a sense
of accomplishment and I love school, even as one who is creeping towards
long in the tooth.

It looks like the test would be interesting and I look forward to hearing
other comments on this. It does not certify you can put together a logical,
meaningful, well-designed website.

Chris