[thelist] TARGET="_blank"

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Wed Nov 21 22:21:40 CST 2001

Let me answer as a browser, not as a designer.

I almost never mind a site opening a new window. But that is a result of two
things:

(1) I never surf with the browser window maximized
(2) I almost always right-click and force a new window anyway.

There are many things that bother me much more than opening a new window.
Top among them is opening a new window using JavaScript, and removing my
control. Not letting me resize it. Taking away my toolbars. Opening it full
screen. I'd rather visit a site in which every link was new window than a
site that attempts to deny me my control of my browser.

James S. Huggins

.