[thelist] TARGET="_blank"

Pat Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Wed Nov 21 23:33:36 CST 2001

Paul:

> What are your opinions on opening links in new windows?

The only place I have links open new windows is on our "industry links" page
(I don't like JavaScript pop-up windows for this). I do that because of what
I find myself doing each time I'm on a site that has a good related links
page--that is, I alway open a new window so I can can quickly get back to
the main links page and continue to dig for good sites. I put a note on the
page that the links will open in a new window. We have a page of other sites
where visitors can reach businesses in their local area, and I don't open
new windows for that page, since we want the visitor to move to one of those
sites.

Pat