[thelist] IE - The claret (white dotted line) on clickable images

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Thu Nov 22 11:31:10 CST 2001

Paul,

Yeah, I know it's a tough spot to be in. I'm sure all of us are stuck doing
things we don't agree with.

I've had a couple of clients be insistent on things that I've clearly
advised them is against their best interest, and to such an extent that I
knew it would damage their sales, their site visitors, accessibility
issues, etc. In those cases I asked them to sign a disclaimer that I've
explained these things to them and they understand the ramifications of
moving forward on what they wish to do. Neither of them went ahead and
signed the disclaimer and went forward.

That may be a drastic thing, and I actually had no idea the first time that
it would make such an impact on them changing their minds, but it did. And
it was done in a very friendly, understanding way, too.

Sometimes people get on these ideas like a moving freight train and there's
no stopping them, and they just don't listen to any kind of reason.

Warmly,
Shirley