[thelist] Targeting CGI output to a window

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Thu Nov 22 16:56:07 CST 2001

The instructions seem to be pretty clearcut.  If you want to have a
form in one frame output to a different frame, you add a header
indicating the frame to be targeted.

But I have two frames in the frameset. The form is in window A, and I
want output to go in window B.

The CGI named in the "action" of "form" sends out these headers.

But the output of the CGI ends up in A instead of B.
What am I missing here?

deke

*Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche
-- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance,
my grandmother used to say, "The black cat is always the last one off
the fence." I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was
undoubtedly true. --
                       Solomon Short