[thelist] ASP & Access - Using the same variable twice

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 04:42:10 CST 2001

Hi Christian

As Mat has already pointed out storing the value as a varient will probably
solve your problem for you.  When I started with ASP one of the first
"mysteries" I encountered was a similar disappering value.  Someone pointed
out that the problem was that the field I was getting the data from was a
Memo type field as opposed to a Text one.  Memo fields are only readable
once in a recordset, so the first thing you need to do is store the data
somewhere else.

HTH

Norman