[thelist] Homesite 5.0 and "Design Mode"

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Mon Nov 26 04:47:07 CST 2001

> Anyone know what happened to “Design Mode” in Homesite 5?

Quote from the following evolt article:
http://www.evolt.org/article/thelist/21/16984/index.html
  "...the fact that no one mentioned the feature drop caused me to
have
  concern for the aforementioned five poor souls who were actually
using
  the feature, so I looked into why they dropped it. It turns out that
  it relied on a Microsoft based control for which support was
dropped."

Personally, I won't miss it.  If it eventually comes back as a hook-in
to Dreamweaver, I could see it being useful.  But as it was it was too
damaging to PHP code to be worth the limited functionality it offered.

--ray