[thelist] Homesite 5.0 and "Design Mode"

Alister Cameron alister at cameron.org
Mon Nov 26 05:35:32 CST 2001

So far the great new feature is the two filesystem tabs.

What I do is view my local files in one and my remote files in the other.

Saves me going to an FTP app to copy stuff up to the server... not I just
drag and drop from within HS.

Other than that there really is NO big change. Nothing earth shattering
anyway.

I AM spewing about the loss of the design tab... it enabled me (easily) to
view the rendered HTML from JS/DHTML code... if that makes sense. I’d copy
the page displayed in IE, then paste it into the design view, then go to
edit mode to see the code... similar to “view source” in NS, I suppose, but
I have found NS inconsistent in terms of showing you rendered JS output...
so the design tab was a winner for this kind of thing.

I have FrontPage so I think I can still get the same result in that... Not
that I want to...

Alister Cameron
Cameron Creative