[thelist] CDONTS and Web-based email readers (ASP)

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Mon Nov 26 14:13:10 CST 2001

At 12:02 PM 11/26/1, Shaun Anderson wrote:
>The Problem:
>When people are reading the e-mails sent with CDONTS in a web based e-mail
>program, they see: [snip] instead of a regular attachment.
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:pa242.pdf (PDF /CARO) (0000A41D)

Please don't send attachments to email. Your thingy got fouled on my mail
delivery server and cost me time.

(Yes, it's okay to include a link to a file, so people can download it at
their own leisure rather than when someone decides they must download it.)

Are you asking whether all email servers will convey email attachments? If
so, then they may not. This is particulary true with web remailers.
Attachments are a known security risk... check out news.com today, or
pretty much any week.

tx,
jd