[thelist] CDONTS and Web-based email readers (ASP)

Shaun Anderson shaunanderson at shaunanderson.info
Mon Nov 26 16:35:14 CST 2001

That thought had crossed my mind, but I assumed that using CDONTS would have
taken care of that for me.

The code we're using to send the e-mails is as follows. Doesn't seem out of
the ordinary.

The only difference between this and the actual code is that the from,
subject, to and body fields are generated from a form submission.  Simple
stuff.
< %
  Dim objMail
  Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

 objMail.From = "shauna at domain.com"
  objMail.Subject = "A message TO you"
  objMail.AttachFile(server.mappath("/index.asp"))
  objMail.To = "username at domain.com"
  objMail.Body = "This is the body of the Message"
  objMail.Send
  Response.write("Mail was Sent")
  set objMail = nothing
% >

Anybody see anything weird?

Shaun

> +| It's not like the attachment is being dropped altogether,
> +| but rather being
> +| incorporated into the email.
>
> Without having the benefit of the least bit of real knowledge on this
> subject, I would start by inquiring if you have the MIME and
MIME/Multipart