[thelist] Networking PCs full stop, was: Networking PC's to Mac's

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 17:22:29 CST 2001

>My first guess to the solution of your problem is that you need to
>install the NetBUI protocol on the two machines.

Thanks Chris, thanks Hugh. Very helpful, and I'd *never* have thought
of NetBEUI... Oh, and, err, thanks Spinhead, I guess. :)

>My next question is, are they networked through a hub or directly? This
>will influence the type of cable used.

Well, it wouldn't be much of a network if I used patch cables for all
the machines attached to the hub. But you are right, that's usually a
good place to start trouble shooting: at the hub / switch itself.

Thanks again,
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg