[thelist] [thelist]Multiple OS/Virtual PC

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 18:49:06 CST 2001

I use VPC on my Mac PowerBook Titanium 500 and am EXTREMELY happy. I've got boot images of W2K,
W98, with different IE configurations on each. I love the ability to launch OSes in a window as a
completely isolated process for testing. With 768M of RAM, the W2K installation is actually pretty
usable in a pinch, like if I'm out of my office and need to Term Serv into one of my servers and I
only have my Mac with me.

I think VPC for windows should be an equally outstanding product, given that you could install as
many OSes as your storage space allows, and simultaneously run as many as your RAM would allow.
Sounds like an optimal QA environment.

Hey: if there are any Connectix folks on this list, you guys should run some numbers on selling a
bundled package with developers licences for a bunch of OSes all under the VPC package. Would be
awesome for a small budget/staff QA group. Imagine a turn-key installation with all popular OSes
and top 5 browsers for each! That'd be handy.

/rg