[thelist] How to get the handle of the window using the name

Aryakumar K George akgeorge at snb.psi.soft.net
Tue Nov 27 00:24:27 CST 2001

Hi Folks,
I am new to the list, i have a peculiar problem to get the handle of a
window using the name of the window in JavaScript. I am able to get the
handle by using

var win=open('','<Window name>')

but this piece of code opens the window to get the handle if it is not
available. But i do not want to open the window if it is not exists. Now i
want the help from you buddies is how can i check whether the window with
that name exists?

I will be thankful if any one can help me in the problem ASAP.

Regards
A K George