[thelist] Networking PCs full stop, was: Networking PC's to Mac's

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 03:50:43 CST 2001

Hugh,

on Tuesday, November 27, 2001, 9:46:35 AM, Hugh wrote:

::
> Which Win version?  Win9x or Win2k?
::

one Win98 machine & one W2k machine

- I've got the Win98 network working okay - well it seems to be its
hard to 'really' test it without the W2k machine working properly.
After a struggle I've got the right drivers for the W2k, but the
software that came with the network card, doesn't want to work with
W2k.  I bought a network starter pack, all you need to network 2
machines supposedly.  Although the hardware says its working fine, I
can't quite get the machine to give any indication its networked.

(clear as mud!?!?)

--
bfn
 kristina