[thelist] Networking PCs full stop, was: Networking PC's to Mac's

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:04:03 CST 2001

Win98 - on the desktop
Right-click on Network Neighborhood.
Choose Properties
On the Configuration tab, scroll and see if you can find a line like:
"NetBEUI -> [name of network card here]"
If you do, then you have NetBEUI bound to that card.  Things are fine.
--- If not, choose the Add button, choose Protocol, choose the Add
--- button, choose Microsoft, choose NetBEUI.
--- OK out of all windows.  This will need a reboot.

Win2k - on the desktop
Right-click on My Network Places.
This should open a folder.  Right-click on Local Area Connection.
Choose Properties.
Scroll and see if you can find a line like:
"NetBEIU Protocol" and a check box with a check in it.
--- if not, choose the Install button, choose Protocol,
--- choose the Add button, pick NetBEUI and OK all the
--- way out of all windows.  I don't remember if this requires
--- a reboot, but it probably will.

Good luck,

-Hugh
http://www.wholesalenics.net