[thelist] market right now...

mia at miaridge.com mia at miaridge.com
Tue Nov 27 09:07:24 CST 2001

> > I'm a San Franciscan web developer interested in relocating to
> > Northern Europe. I happen to be a Polish citizen, though I'm
> > especially interested in Germany, the Netherlands, or Switzerland.

The job market is also in a slump here in the Netherlands and has been for
a few months.  I ended up with an almost-traditional software development
job instead of the web application work I was after.

http://www.jobserve.co.uk lists English-speaking Dutch jobs, as do
http://www.monster.co.uk/ and http://www.newmonday.com/.

Most agents you'd deal with will be English, and probably located in the
UK.  I don't know if it's a cultural thing, but they don't seem to read
email, so you'll need to call or meet with them to get them to actively
look for you.

HTH!

cheers, Mia
(Australian living in Amsterdam)