[thelist] Need Virus Protection Software Recommendation -- Fast!

Pat Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Tue Nov 27 10:21:19 CST 2001

What a mess! McAfee's version 5 had slowed down my system to a crawl, so
just to see if things were better with version 6, I downloaded a trial --
and now it completely locks me out of my system! I've had it with McAfee.

I went to Symantec's web site and it is so poorly done, I couldn't tell if
they still have virus programs for desktops or not. It is so full of
buzzwords, I have no idea if they have a program that will work on Windows
98 or not. The "white papers" are bulleted lists of jargon!

So, can anyone give me a quick place to go for a decent virus protection
program for Win98?

Many thanks, Pat