[thelist] Homesite 5.0 and "Design Mode"

sam samiam at sam-i-am.com
Tue Nov 27 22:33:58 CST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Alister Cameron wrote:

> I AM spewing about the loss of the design tab... it enabled me (easily) to
> view the rendered HTML from JS/DHTML code... if that makes sense. I’d copy

you can get this straight out of the browser with
javascript: alert(document.documentElement.innerHTML)

I have a little bookmarklet that I use for this purpose that throws the
above into a new window for east copy&pasting.

trouble is it gets MSHTML-ized (this is necessarily the case as IE
converts everything to its own MSHTML format and runs it that way) .. so
you get crappy code layout, bizarre case mixing and other stuff that makes
your life difficult when you need to pick through the code and figure out
what's going on... but it's better than nothing.

oh the bookmarklet you can find from
http://www.sam-i-am.com/work/bookmarklets/

Sam